JOB TITLE: Program/Administrative Assistant
STATUS: Full time (35 hours/wk.), non-exempt
RESPONSIBLE TO: Management Team
POSITION SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant position will be required to work in both the Ithaca office (3 days per week) and the Cortland office (2 days per week) providing office support for communication, database management, and technology support. Approximately 25% of the time will be in support of Family Support Services; 25% with donor database and communication; and 50% providing general office support (website support, social media, electronic newsletters, managing incoming mail, prepare meeting packets, and phones).
QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires: good communication, organizational and clerical skills. Must have computer skills with an ability to adapt to changing technology hardware and software needs; competency with database systems. Ability to focus on tasks in a busy atmosphere and meet deadlines. Able to collaborate with other staff members in a team environment. Friendly and professional phone skills. Associates degree or H.S. with 2 years’ experience in a business office is required.
- Provide support for Family Support Services: using database software, enter data and run outcome reports; provide a first point of contact for families and other guests; support communication and outreach.
- Provide support for contributor communications and database management under direction of the CEO: will be required to facilitate group and individual communications to donors, enter gifts into Donor Snap and run reports as needed.
- Provide support for the technological needs of the agency, including the maintenance of e-mail and network capacities, problem-solving with staff, and communicating with DSL and Network consultants. Update webpage as needed.
- Inventory and order forms and necessary supplies, assemble materials for meetings.
- Update information and printed materials as needed.
- Assist other staff members in record keeping processes.
- Perform general office work, e.g. copying, mailing, phone answering.
- Attend staff and team meetings; participate in agency activities as required.
- Attend scheduled meetings of the CDC staff, as well as board meetings as directed.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Perform other reasonably related tasks, both at the CDC and in the community, as assigned by your supervisor.
- Attend appropriate trainings related to professional development
- Maintain reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
An Associate’s Degree or High School degree with 2 years’ experience in a business office is required.
The Council is seeking a diverse applicant pool and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to Diane Feldman, Chief Financial Officer, at email@example.com or Child Development Council, 609 West Clinton Street, Ithaca, NY 14850.
Deadline to apply is September 25, 2019.