JOB TITLE: Program/Administrative Assistant
STATUS: Full time (35 hours/wk.), non-exempt
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Financial Officer
POSITION SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant position will be primarily located in the Ithaca office, and back up for the Cortland office, providing office support for communication, database management, technology support, website support, social media platforms and electronic newsletters.
This position requires: good communication, organizational and clerical skills. Must have computer skills with an ability to adapt to changing technology hardware and software needs; competency with database systems. Ability to focus on tasks in a busy atmosphere and meet deadlines. Able to collaborate with other staff members in a team environment. Friendly and professional phone skills. Associates degree or HS degree with 2 years’ experience in a business office is required.
- Provide program support using database software, enter data and run outcome reports.
- Provide support for the technological needs of the agency, including the maintenance of e-mail and network capacities, problem-solving with staff, and communicating with DSL and Network consultants. Update webpage as needed.
- Provide support for communications and database management.
- Inventory and order forms and necessary supplies, assemble materials for meetings.
- Update information and printed materials as needed.
- Assist other staff members in record keeping processes.
- Perform general office work, e.g. copying, mailing, phone answering.
- Attend staff and team meetings; participate in agency activities as required.
- Attend scheduled meetings of the Council staff, as well as board meetings as directed.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Perform other reasonably related tasks, both at the Council and in the community, as assigned by your supervisor.
- Attend appropriate trainings related to professional development
- Maintain reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
An Associate’s Degree or High School degree with 2 years’ experience in a business office is required.
The Council is seeking a diverse applicant pool and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to Diane Feldman, Chief Financial Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Child Development Council, 609 West Clinton Street, Ithaca, NY 14850.
Deadline to apply is September 25, 2019.