Position: Child Care Specialist Position
Part-Time: (50%/ 17.5 hours per week); prorated benefits; this position may have an increase in hours, dependent upon future funds becoming available
Hiring Salary Range: $35,000 to $37,000 prorated ($17,500 to $18,500 for 50% FTE), depending on education, credentials and/or experience
The Child Development Council has a position open for a part-time Child Care Specialist. The specialist will support quality child care in Tompkins County by:
· Delivering individual onsite support to home and center based child care programs
· Administering quality child care grants
· Organizing and delivering group workshops and other educational opportunities
The Child Care Specialist will be part of a team, which supports the growth and development of child care and educates the broader community about the importance of early care and education. As a child care specialist,
Qualifications: A qualified candidate must have at least four years of experience in early childhood education and knowledge of best practices leading to healthy child and family development. A Bachelor’s degree is required. A reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and ability to travel within Tompkins County and to neighboring areas are also required.
The perfect fit for our agency is someone who has the demonstrated ability to:
· Work with people of varying social, economic and cultural backgrounds
· Observe and assess home and center based child care settings and provider interactions; has knowledge of the specific needs of infants, toddlers.
· Problem solve and offer meaningful assistance to child care providers
· Develop training and has experience in delivering adult educational programs
· Excellent outreach, communication, documentation and organizational skills
The Child Development Council is a family friendly workplace, offers flexible benefits and schedules.
The Council is seeking a diverse applicant pool and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Child Development Council, 609 West Clinton Street, Ithaca, NY 14850. Click here for a full job description