The Child Development Council has been dedicated to promoting the healthy development of families and children for over 50 years. Our Family Services program is seeking a new full-time Family Support Worker to join our team. Potential candidates must be self-motivated and have an understanding of the needs and complexities of children and families, and an appreciation for the benefits of home-visiting.
Please include a brief statement about what home-visiting means to you along with your cover letter and resume. Applications will be accepted until October 20th, 2017.
Job Title: Family Support Worker
Position Summary: This is a grant-funded position and is conducted in collaboration with the Department of Social Services. Families enrolled in this program will have a parent under the age of 26 years, will have a child less than 5 years of age, and have been deemed eligible for the Family Assessment Response (FAR) program. Utilizing a team approach, DSS FAR workers and the CDC Family Support Worker will employ a strengths-based assessment and family services plan, and share documentation and data collection responsibilities. Family Support Workers provide services through family-led home visits. Family Services Workers are mandated reporters for child abuse and neglect.
- B.A. or B.S degree plus 2 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible experience in a related field
- Familiarity with issues relating to pregnancy, parenting, child development, adolescent and adult learning, and family dynamics
- Working knowledge of strength-based intervention and knowledge of social and human services systems that serve families
- Must be comfortable working with families in their homes and providing transportation to appointments in agency vehicle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; timely and thorough record keeping abilities are essential
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Working automobile, valid driver’s license, and clean driving record is required
Compensation ranges from $30,000 to $34,000, commensurate with experience, with the addition of a cafeteria benefit plan. Seeking a motivated and diverse applicant pool. The Child Development Council is an Equal Opportunity and Living Wage Employer.
Please send resumes and cover letter to:
Child Development Council
Attn: FSW Search
Or by email to Melissa@childdevelopmentcouncil.org