Job Title: Infant Toddler Specialist
Status: Part Time (17.5 Hours/Week), benefits eligible, non-exempt
Responsible to: Director of Child Care Resource and Referral
The Child Development Council is committed to fostering a welcoming and vibrant workplace as an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek a diverse applicant pool to join our team-oriented organization and all qualified applicants will receive consideration.
Position Summary: Infant Toddler Specialist will provide direct assistance by phone, e-mail, in person and in professional workshops. The Specialist will be required to travel within the region in the performance of duties, and attend professional meetings and professional development opportunities organized by Child Development Council, Infant Toddler Network and the Early Care and Learning Council.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, or closely related field and 3 years’ experience working directly with young children and families in a child care or early education program. Master’s degree preferred. Experience training and/or providing coaching to child care staff and providers. Must possess NYS Early Learning Trainer Credential or achieve credential within one year of initial employment.
Must also have proven ability to work with persons of varying socio-economic and cultural backgrounds; demonstrated skills in critical observation, interpersonal relationships, written and oral communication; must have knowledge of child care in all modalities of care, including a dedicated focus on the specific needs of infants and toddlers; knowledge of the regulations and best practices for early care and education; ability to keep detailed records and statistics; reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and ability to travel within Tompkins/Cortland Counties and occasionally in neighboring areas; ability to work cooperatively with team members as well as independently with minimal supervision; knowledge of child care and community resources.
Ensure that an annual needs assessment for technical assistance is conducted.
- Work with the members of the CCRR team (and other applicable parties, e.g. licensing staff) to identify the technical assistance and program support needs of the family child care, group family child care, and child care centers serving infants and toddlers.
- In collaboration with the Infant Toddler Region III Network, prepare an assessment of needs and develop a logic model for the provision of technical assistance; modify as appropriate.
Provide technical assistance to parents and child care providers.
- Deliver resources such as child development information, training information, regulatory, program/curriculum and health and safety information by phone, in person or electronically.
- Respond to inquiries regarding child care; research and provide resources to providers, parents, and community members or groups. Present information to individuals, groups, classes, etc. as appropriate, with knowledge of supervisor.
Plan and develop workshops
- Work with CCRR team and the child care community to develop professional development opportunities on topics related to infant and toddlers for child care teachers and home based providers.
- Deliver trainings focused specifically on the needs of infants and toddlers to child care providers and/or parent groups.
Maintain Program Data
- Furnish monthly program reports and service data related to the completion of services and project milestones.
- Attend meetings of Council staff, board and other agencies as directed. Participate in the Infant Toddler Advisory Committee.
- Maintain confidentiality. Follow safety protocols.
- Attend appropriate trainings related to professional development.
- Maintain reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license. It is the obligation of each employee to notify the agency of any incidents that could result in the loss of your license or insurance or affect the agency’s ability to cover you on the agency’s insurance policy.
- Perform other reasonably related tasks as assigned.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $15,000-$17,000 based on education, credentials, and/or experience, plus $3,250 in cafeteria benefits.
TO APPLY: Send a resume and cover letter to Molly McGriff, Director of Child Care Resource and Referral at Molly@childdevelopmentcouncil.org or Child Development Council, 609 West Clinton Street, Ithaca, NY 14850.