POSITION TITLE: Fiscal Coordinator
STATUS: Full time (35 hours/wk.), non-exempt
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Financial Officer
The Child Development Council is committed to fostering a welcoming and vibrant workplace as an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek a diverse applicant pool to join our team-oriented organization and all qualified applicants will receive consideration.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Fiscal Coordinator is responsible for supporting the financial wellbeing of the organization by providing a range of administrative coordination and support for projects of the CFO. This includes, but is not limited to, conducting daily banking activities, financial statement and budget preparation, bookkeeping and database management, and annual audit support. This position will also provide general office management including directing communications, ordering and inventory of supplies, and addressing technology needs.
The Child Development Council has offices in Ithaca, NY and Cortland, NY. This position requires on-site work in the Ithaca Office. Occasional travel in Tompkins and Cortland County may be required.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with financial, worksheet and word-processing software
- Ability to prioritize tasks and provide accurate reports and data
- Clear and proficient communication skills
AA degree with 4 years related experience or equivalent is required.
- Coordinate administrative support for projects of the Chief Financial Officer.
- Provide fiscal/bookkeeping support including:
- Prepare various financial statements and budgets
- Record transactions such as income and posting to various accounts
- Process payments
- Conduct daily banking activities
- Assist with program and agency audits
- Support database management, generate reports, and assist agency staff with record keeping.
- Inventory and order necessary supplies.
- Support front office activities, including organization of correspondences, receiving and directing phone calls, preparing materials for meetings, and engaging with visitors to the agency.
- Support communications through use of the agency website, various social media platforms, donor communications, electronic and paper newsletters, and agency brochures.
- Provide backup support for the technological needs of the agency, including the maintenance of e-mail and network capacities, problem-solving with staff, and communicating with providers as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Attend team, full staff, and board meetings
- Attend appropriate trainings related to professional development
- Perform other reasonably related tasks, both at the Council and in the community, as assigned by your supervisor.
Starting Salary Range: $35,000 – $37,000, based on education, credentials, and/or experience.
Benefits: $6,500/annually in flexible cafeteria benefits that can be used to subsidize health and/or dental care, child care costs, annuities, or taken in cash. Annual Paid Vacation, Sick, Holiday and Personal Leave.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume to Melissa Perry, Family Services Director, at melissa@
DEADLINE TO APPLY: May 21, 2021.