- This event has passed.
Pyramid Model Training – Preschool Unit
August 1, 2017 @ 8:00 am - August 3, 2017 @ 3:30 pmFREE
Presented by New York State Pyramid Model Master Cadre Trainer, Kristi Cusa
The Pyramid Model is an evidence-based set of teaching practices and intervention approaches that promote healthy social and emotional development and prevent and address challenging behaviors. The Pyramid Model provides universal supports to all children to promote wellness, targeted services to those who need more support, and intensive services to those who need them. The NYS Early Childhood Advisory council is promoting the statewide use of the Pyramid Model in all early childhood education settings.
This workshop is FREE and open to all early childhood educators; school based PreK, community-based child care, and family child care.
Lunch and all materials are included and plenty of free parking is available.
Space is limited and registration is required. Call 607-273-0259.
Participants will receive 19 hours of professional development
OCFS topics 1, 3, 4, 5
Tuesday 8/1 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Preschool Module 1: building relationships & Creating Supportive Environments
- Building positive relationships
- Designing the physical environments
- Schedules, routines and transitions
- Planning activities that promote engagement
- Giving direction & teaching classroom rules
Wednesday 8/2 8:30 M – 3:30 PM
Preschool Module 2: Social Emotional Teaching Strategies
- Developing friendship skills
- Enhancing emotional literacy
- Controlling anger/impulse & teaching problem solving
- Individualizing instruction
Thursday 8/3 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Preschool Module 3: Individualized Intervention
- Overview/process of positive behavior supports
- Functional assessment/data collection
- Developing a behavior support plan
- Monitoring outcomes