JOB TITLE: Child Care Food Program Specialist (Tompkins County)
STATUS: Part-time (21 hours/week), non-exempt
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director, Child Care Resource and Referral
POSITION SUMMARY: The Child Care Food Program Specialist will work closely with Chief Financial Officer, Child Care Specialists and other members of the Child Care Resource and Referral team in the operation of the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) in accordance with requirements of USDA and NYS Department of Health.
B.A./B.S. Human Services, Nutrition or related field plus 2 years’ experience; organizational skills; knowledge of child care desirable; ability to work effectively both independently as well as a team member. Computer skills required. Must maintain a valid drivers’ license, use of a reliable vehicle, and a good driving record for program purposes.
- Recruit & enroll eligible child care providers.
- Process and oversee the monthly collecting and reviewing of records from each provider: Meal Counts, Daily Attendance Forms, Daily Menu Plans and other required forms.
- Plan and implement required annual training.
- Schedule and implement home monitoring visits.
- Provide technical assistance to providers. Communicate with providers verbally and in writing.
- Maintain accurate records for each provider enrolled in the Food Program.
- Attend required professional development and in-service trainings; maintain connection with NYS Department of Health/CACFP staff.
- Prepare required reports in a timely manner.
- Read and understand child care regulations. Stay current on updates of regulations, local policies, health and nutrition topics as they relate to child care.
- Contribute to program newsletter.
- Attend scheduled meetings of the Council staff, and occasional board meetings as directed. Attend other professional group meetings as required.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Perform other reasonably related tasks, both at the Council and in the community as assigned by your supervisor.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $18,000-$20,400 based on education, credentials, and/or experience, plus $3,900 in cafeteria benefits.
The Child Development Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are seeking a diverse applicant pool and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Molly McGriff, Child Care Resource and Referral Director, at Molly@
Deadline to apply: March 5, 2021