POSITION TITLE: Child Care Resource and Referral Program Director
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Executive Officer
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Proficiency in service delivery to families, administration, and staff supervision
- Keen ability to prioritize tasks and self motivation to complete tasks
- Ability to prioritize tasks and provide accurate reports and data
- Clear and effective written and spoken communication skills
- Knowledge of community resources
Bachelor’s degree, plus 6 years of progressively responsible experience in early childhood education, human services or a related field or an equivalent of education and experience. Graduate studies may be substituted for up to 2 years of experience.
Administration, Planning and Evaluation
- Plan for the growth and development of the Child Care Resource, Referral and Support Services;
- Identify and secure funding, including grant writing and budget presentations;
- Monitor and ensure compliance and reporting with requirements established by the funding sources, both contractual and grant funded;
- Coordinate and ensure compliance with program performance audits by funders;
- Monitor revenue and expenses in conjunction with the CEO and the CFO;
- Gather and analyze statistical and performance data to ensure on-going evaluation of the program’s effectiveness, prepare reports and summaries;
- Represent the interests of Tompkins and Cortland Counties with local, state and federal policy makers. Participation in CCRR network activities and planning;
- Perform agency-wide personnel and administrative duties as assigned by theCEO; serve as a backup in the absence of the CEO or other managers.
Supervision and Staff Relationships
- Oversee the activities of the CCRR staff. Provide training, support, supervisory review and back-up to staff;
- Conduct performance assessments and assist with professional development planning with staff at least annually;
- Work as a member of the Management Team; coordinate closely with the Family Services program;
- Participate and lead regular staff meetings and case conferences; attend occasional Board meetings, in-service and other team meetings as needed;
- Represents the Child Development Council and CCRR in the community through collaboration with local and state partners.
- Provide direct services to prospective providers, legally exempt providers and registered providers on a limited basis, as needed;
- Coordinate the services of Child Care Resource and Referral with other human service programs including but not limited to the Department of Social Services, NYS OCFS, Early Care and Learning Council, area health care professionals, child care programs;
- Advocate for provider and parent needs;
- Support ad-hoc committees of the Board of Directors, in coordination with theFamily Services Director, as assigned.