JOB TITLE: Administrative/Fiscal Assistant
STATUS: Full time (35 hours/wk.), non-exempt
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Financial Officer
POSITION SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant position will be primarily located in
the Ithaca office, and back up for the Cortland office, providing office support for bookkeeping,
communication, database management, technology support, website support, social media
platforms and electronic newsletters.
This position requires:
Computer skills and an ability to adapt to changing technology hardware and
software needs and competency with database systems
Clear and proficient verbal and written communication
Excellent organizational and clerical skills
Ability to thrive in a busy, team-oriented atmosphere and juggle conflicting
Courteous and professional phone skills
Associates degree or HS degree with 2 years’ experience in a business office is required.
1. Perform general office work, e.g. copying, mailing, phone answering.
2. Provide fiscal/bookkeeping support to include:
Recording transactions such as income and posting to various accounts.
Conducting daily banking activities.
Producing various financial reports.
3. Provide support for the technological needs of the agency, including the maintenance of e-
mail and network capacities, problem-solving with staff, and communicating with DSL and
Network consultants. Update webpage as needed.
4. Provide support for communications, including social media, and database management.
5. Inventory and order forms and necessary supplies, assemble materials for meetings.
6. Update information and printed materials as needed.
7. Assist other staff members in record keeping processes.
8. Attend staff and team meetings; participate in agency activities as required.
1. Attend scheduled meetings of the Council staff, as well as board meetings as directed.
2. Maintain confidentiality
3. Perform other reasonably related tasks, both at the Council and in the community, as
assigned by your supervisor.
4. Attend appropriate trainings related to professional development
5. Maintain reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume to Melissa Perry, Family Services Director, at melissa@
The Child Development Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are seeking a diverse
applicant pool and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.