JOB TITLE: Administrative Coordinator
STATUS: Full time (35 hours/wk.), non-exempt
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Financial Officer
The Child Development Council is committed to fostering a welcoming and vibrant workplace as an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek a diverse applicant pool to join our team-oriented organization and all qualified applicants will receive consideration.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for supporting the daily operations of the Council’s front office including greeting and communicating with staff and visitors, overseeing the organization’s daily schedules, and maintaining effective workflow in the office. The Administrative Coordinator will support record keeping and data analysis, as well as outreach and marketing for all programs. Other job responsibilities include board communications, ordering and inventory of supplies, addressing technology needs, and website and social media maintenance.
The Child Development Council has offices in Ithaca, NY and Cortland, NY. This position requires on-site work in the Ithaca Office. Occasional travel in Tompkins and Cortland County may be required.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Computer skills and an ability to adapt to changing technology hardware and software needs and competency with database systems
- Clear and proficient verbal and written communication
- Excellent organizational and clerical skills
- Ability to thrive in a busy, team-oriented atmosphere and juggle conflicting deadlines
- Courteous and professional phone skills
Associates degree with 4 years of experience in a business office or a HS diploma with 6 years of experience in a business office is required.
- Oversee front office activities including greeting and supporting visitors, directing communications, performing general office work, e.g. copying, mailing, inventory and ordering, overseeing agency calendars, preparing materials for outreach events, and supporting preparation, technology needs, and housekeeping needs for meetings and training.
- Develop and facilitate successful implementation of agency outreach and marketing plans. Update information and printed materials as needed.
- Support record keeping, data entry and analysis agency-wide using program specific systems and tools.
- Provide support for the technological needs of the agency, including the maintenance of e-mail and network capacities, problem-solving with staff, and communicating with DSL and Network consultants. Update webpage as needed.
- Support board communications by assembling board materials, taking notes at meetings, and attending monthly board meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Attend team, full staff, and board meetings
- Attend appropriate trainings related to professional development
- Perform other reasonably related tasks, both at the Council and in the community, as assigned by your supervisor.
Maintain reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
COMPENSATION: Starting Salary Range: $39,000 – $45,000, based on education, credentials, and/or experience,
Benefits: $6,500/annually in flexible cafeteria benefits that can be used to subsidize health and/or dental care, child care costs, annuities, or taken in cash.
Annual Paid Vacation, Sick, Holiday and Personal Leave